Pain and suffering happen when you hold on to something. The stronger your attachment is to something in your life, the greater your suffering.
- Even if you still have it, you fear losing it.
- You fee the uncertainty, the unknown of not having it.
But we live in a world of things, of possessions, of people we care for, ideas (or ideals) we hold onto… and the solution is certainly not abandoning everything in our lives.
It appears the solution is to love and appreciate everything in each moment… but the next moment let go of it. Just let go of the idea of keeping… of holding on to.
Release the attachment while appreciating and loving everything.
This also works for problems that we love to hold on to, even identify with.
- Do what you need to do for the problem now, and let go
- If you can’t do anything about it right this moment, make a note on your calendar of when you can do something, and then completely let go of it
- If there’s nothing you can do about it, let go of it
This is a practice along with meditation and feeling the stillness within the chaos of life. Don’t get frustrated, let go of frustration right this moment and just breath.